The site is located in the south west of Prague. The owner of the field, Vaclav Havel, was the first president of the Czech Republic. The first intervention on this site was the creation of a restaurant complex which was built in 1929 and closed down in 1994. This site is now abandoned.
The task entrusted to us was to create an access from the cliff to the river. A poetic dialog is unsaturated in between the nature and the disinvested pool. In fact, Spring and Winter offer two opposite and different radical approaches to the site.
The main problem of this area is the noise produced by the train rail and the highway which are placed directly parallel to the site. The scale being to small to add an architecture important enough to attract many people.
The project consists of creating a new urban area in direct connection with the Yvalta River. By giving a new use to this part of the city which is not used currently, a new identity is given to the site by an monumental approach. The program consists of artist studios, a museum and artist residences. An immense scaffolding makes a link between the old area and the new project.
Second semester master 1 project produced at CVUT University, Prague Credits : Benjamin Nicaud & Pierre-Yves Guerin Praha, Czech Republic, 2013